LOOKING FORWARD TO 2015
After a successful 2014, Novitas is looking forward to bringing some exciting new deals to the market in the New Year
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The Cape Town office is happy to announce that two new members joined our team in the past few months:
- CHRIS ROLFE: former CEO of Virgin Active South Africa & CEO of Mobilitrix, Chris has a Bachelors Degree from Princeton University and an MBA in Finance from Columbia University.
- DEAN TAYLOR: recent Oxford MBA with over 5 years experience in financial markets, in London.
- Novitas has set up a debt practice advising on a variety of debt instruments, including listed debt, senior debt, trade finance and asset finance.
- NEW SERVICE OFFERING: Novitas now provides an independent valuation service, estimating the fair market value of privately held companies.
- Corporate finance services & strategic advice to mid-sized private companies (USD 5 – USD 100 million).
- Successfully completed 65 M&A and capital raise transactions.
- PRESENCE IN: Cape Town, London, Dublin, Milan, Luxembourg, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- CAPITAL RAISING (LOCAL & OFFSHORE)
- MANAGEMENT BUY OUTS
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
- CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING
- BEE OWNERSHIP TRANSACTIONS
|Lombard Insurance Group|
|CAPITAL RAISE:||Sole-advisor and joint arranger on ZAR 1 Billion Medium Term Note Programme; first ZAR 200 million placed (Toer 2 5 year bond issue)|
|Lombard Insurance Group|
|SALE:||Advixed on the sale of Momentum SCA to Atlantic Fund Service, creating a significant global distribution platform with over EUR 3.5 billion under administration.|
|MERGER:||Handled the merger of Montic Dairy & Sonnendal Dairies, creating a ZAR 1 billion dairy processing business.|
|CAPITAL RAISE:||Raised ZAR 27 billion in asset finance to fund the merged group’s capital expansion programme.|
|SALE:||Advised on the EUR 10 million sale of Equips to SimCorp, supporting SimCorp’s single product platform strategy.|
|Surtee Group Surtee Group|
|SALE:||Sold the South African franchise of Paul Smith, including all assets and infrastructure to The Power of Trading (part of Surtee Group).|
|CORPORATE RESTRUCTURING:||Advised on the restructuring of advertising company, FoxP2, to facilitate the exit of one of the founding shareholders.|
- GROWTH CAPITAL RAISE for a Heavy Commercial Vehicle fleet financing business
- TRADE SALE of IT services provider
- STRATEGIC SALE of digital agency in the mobile solutions space
- STRATEGIC SALE of mobile device distributor (top 10 in Africa)
- MBO of a film production company
- ADVISING on the international expansion of an integrated fire management solutions provider
CONTACT INFORMATION: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com | +27 21 701 3910 | www.novitas.co.za